Translated Materials and Outreach Kit
Spread the word about LA County CRC with this Outreach Toolkit
Redistricting matters! Please help get the word out about our public hearings with communities of interest (COIs) across the county!
The Los Angeles County Citizens Redistricting Commission (LA County CRC) is holding a series of public hearings through August to educate the public about redistricting of the 5 supervisorial districts and hear from the public what their communities of interest are. The Commissioners want to know:
- The economic and social interests that bind your community together.
- Why your community should be kept together for fair and effective representation.
- Where your community is located.
- What nearby areas do they want to or not want to be grouped with?
Cities, community-based and nonprofit organizations, educational enterprises, and other groups can help in small and big ways by:
- Sharing a link to our website for people to sign up for information: http://redistricting.lacounty.gov
- Posting our CRC website link on your webpages: http://redistricting.lacounty.gov
- Distributing the FLYER about the public hearing to your members/constituents – available in English and 12 languages
- Letting the public know they can find out about public hearings near them through our Public Hearings page or here
- Sharing the FACT SHEET about redistricting with your members/constituents – available in English and 12 languages
- Including a short blurb about the public hearings dates in:
- Your newsletters
- Cable channels
- Digital billboards/marquees
- Including a short blurb/article in:
- Your newsletters
- Recreational catalogs/magazine space
- Other publications
- Sharing or retweeting our content on your social media platforms or newsletters about the upcoming public hearings in your area
- Promoting the LA County CRC PRESS RELEASE about the public hearings through your media contacts
We will be promoting additional information later this summer about the free redistricting mapping software and meetings/public hearings in the Fall to consider new supervisorial district boundaries.
For information in other languages, please call (213) 974-1431, 8:00 am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. If you need an interpreter for a meeting or public hearing, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting or hearing.
Para información en español, por favor comuníquese al número (213) 974-1431, entre 8:00 a.m. y 5:00 p.m., de lunes a viernes. Si necesita un intérprete para cualquier junta o audiencia pública, envíe su solicitud a firstname.lastname@example.org o email@example.com al menos 48 horas antes de la junta o audiencia pública.
Below you can view and download (1) a fact sheet about the Citizens Redistricting Commission and redistricting, (2) a detailed presentation about redistricting, and (3) a flyer about upcoming summer public hearings. Please check back as we will continue to update this section with translated materials for the 12 threshold languages. To request corrections or documents to be translated to specific languages, please email the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.