The Press Conference presentations (11 mins.) are available on our Youtube channel in two formats:
Co-chairs Carolyn Williams and Dan Mayeda and Commissioner Apolonio Morales made the presentations. Commissioner Morales provided a recap in Spanish. The big announcements were:
- Official launch of the mapping software on October 7, 2021, at 2:00 pm (PST)
- The Commission has not drawn any maps yet. They will to review the maps submitted by the public first. The public should submit maps by October 26, 2021, if they want their thoughts incorporated into the LA County CRC’s options for further comment at public hearings in November 2021.
- The Commission is to adopt its final map by December 15, 2021.
The following links are interviews with Commissioners regarding specific redistricting questions after the Press Conference:
- Click here to watch Co-chair Dan Mayeda speak on the commissioner selection process
- Click here to watch Commissioner Mark Mendoza speak on why he volunteered to serve on the LA Count CRC
- Click here to watch Commissioner Mary Kenney speak on the redistricting process
- Click here to watch Commissioner David Adam Holtzman speak on why it’s important for LA County CRC to be independent
- Click here to watch Commissioner Doreena P Wong speak on the Voting Rights Act
- Click here to watch Commissioner Apolonio Morales speak on community engagement process
- Click here to watch Commissioner Hailes Horacio Soto’s interview in Spanish on how the LA County CRC can be a model
- Click here to watch Co-Chair Carolyn Williams speak on how the LA County CRC provides a voice for the community
- Click here to watch Executive Director Gayla Kraetsch Hartsough speak on the tight timeline and related challenges